Welcome to the Corpus Christi Men's Group located in Aliso Viejo, South Orange County.
The First Saturday Men’s Fellowship promotes an environment where Corpus Christi men can gather for friendship, service projects and support each other in their efforts to be Catholic-Christian disciples of Jesus Christ. Through their sponsorship of retreats, barbecues, work-parties and breakfast gatherings, men are invited to share the experiences of their lives with one another and discern the grace of God working within them.
Unless otherwise noted in the weekly Bulletin, men are invited to gather on the first Saturday of each month for breakfast. No registration is required –show up, enjoy the meal and the company of a great group of Catholic-Christian men. Breakfast is served at 7:30 am in the Lower Hall. If you’re an amateur chef and would like to help out extra hands are always welcome but you do need to arrive early, usually around 6 am.
Who is the Chapter Leader(s)?
When do we meet?
We meet on the first Saturday of every month.
Where do we meet?
In the church's lower hall.
How often do we meet?
Why do we meet regularly?
We gather regularly for various activities that promote friendship, brotherhood, service to God, our parish and others less fortunate and our discipleship of Jesus Christ. Guys join to make new friends that will support, challenge and inspire. They will find a safe and friendly environment where they can openly share with brothers in faith. We meet regularly for the following activities:
- First Saturday for breakfast and program (speaker, or theme for the meeting)
- 3rd Monday of the month for breakfast at a local restaurant
- Hiking in the local mountains on every Saturday (other than the 1st Sat) from 7:30-9:30am
- Groupings of 5-6 men to gather at each others’ homes once per month to share their faith – this was a continuation of this years’ retreat
- Yearly camping retreats
- Basketball every Thursday evening from 7-9pm
- Quarterly service outings to Isaiah House, a Catholic Worker Homeless Shelter in Santa Ana
- Summer BBQ on the lawn in front of the Church
- Other work projects for the Parish
From the above list, the majority of men attend the First Saturday Gatherings, the service projects and the Retreats. We created the additional avenues to promote fellowship beyond the monthly get togethers.